If you want to acknowledge your partner this Valentine’s Day and aren’t able or fond of spending lots of money on gifts try one (or all!) of these Valentine’s Day ideas to say how you feel.
- Purchase some clear red balloons. Before blowing them up, place either wrapped candies, small gifts, and/or love poems inside each one, and then give them to your loved one as a bouquet.
- Make a meal only out of heart-shaped items, foods that are red, or both. Try red velvet cake, valentini martini, fruit and cheese salad or a heart shaped cake.
- Knit a scarf.
- Write a love letter to say I love you.
- Create handmade coupons with gifts your partner can use anytime, such as a massage or a night out on the town with friends.
- Does your partner ever ask you why you love them? Then create your own little booklet using dollar store items just for them entitled, “Why I Love You: # Reasons”.
- Make your own fortune cookies to take along to a Chinese food restaurant for dinner, and use them to woo your date on Valentine’s Day.
- Grab some construction paper and cut out as many hearts as you like. On each one, share a story about your relationship that shows how much you care. Once finished, take the hearts and string them individually from the ceiling so it looks like your home is raining love.