One Nevada Credit Union is proud to sponsor the Great Reno Balloon Race September 8 – 10. Please stop by our One Nevada booth when you visit the balloon races to say good morning to our team. And don't forget to enter the One Nevada raffle, you could win a great prize basket!
Rancho San Rafael Regional Park
1595 N. Sierra St., Reno, NV
Here are some helpful tips if you plan to attend the event:
- Dress for two seasons. It is very cold in the morning, but then it warms up after the sun comes up. Wear comfortable shoes because you will need to walk around to find the best viewing spot. Be prepared by dressing in layers and wearing comfy shoes.
- Saturday is the Biggest Little Pajama Party & Bed Head Competition. Star Wars is a fan favorite at the balloon races and there are several theme balloons, so get in the spirit and come down in your pajamas!
- Get there early! Gates open to Rancho San Rafael Park at 3:30 a.m. Parking information can be found at renoballoon.com.
- Don't miss the glow show! The magnificent glow show starts at 5:00 a.m. each morning.
- Bring food or visit the local food vendors. There is nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate and breakfast at the balloon races. Stop by your favorite One Nevada ATM on the way so you have cash for the vendors.
- Bring blankets and lawn chairs so you can get comfy while you watch all the balloon race action.
- Leave your pets at home. This is not a pet friendly event and the balloons tend to frighten our furry friends.
- Invite your family and friends to attend this event with you. Admission is free and this is a great place for family fun and making memories.
- Get ready to take pictures! There are nearly 100 balloons participating in the event this year. You will want to capture all the action, so make sure you have a camera and enough storage space for your photos.
- Have fun! This is a great Reno event and you are bound to make new friends at the balloon races. Make sure to say good morning to your neighbor when you set up your balloon watching spot and have some fun.
We hope you all enjoy the Great Reno Balloon Races. If you see the One Nevada balloon don't forget to take a picture and post it on social media and tag #OneNevada. We are a proud sponsor and love to see pictures from our members!