SilverLink Online Banking
The following operating systems and browsers are compatible with One Nevada Credit Union web pages and web-based applications:
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, and 8
- Mac OS X
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and higher
Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and higher
Google Chrome 3.0 and higher
Safari 3.0 and higher
Find Your Current Browser Version
Select “Help” located on your browser toolbar.
Then select the “About…” option.
Upgrade Your Browser
It’s quick, easy, and free! Even if you already have the required minimum browser version, you may want to consider upgrading.
One Nevada Credit Union uses 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption which gives you one of the highest levels of security possible for protecting your confidential information. Due to security concerns, SSL2 and/or Internet Explorer V6 are not supported.
Is it safe to give out my account information over the internet?
We have taken all appropriate measures to ensure that our website and online banking product is secure, and that our members’ account information remains private. Our members also play a role in protecting their information. Your online banking User ID and Password should be provided only when your browser shows a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) session is taking place. Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encode account information between computers, so that it is virtually impossible to be read by others. We recommend that our members use a current version of browser software so that they may benefit from the most up to date internet security available. After you finish any website session that included viewing or sending private information you should close your browser window.
- Never reveal your PIN or password. This includes your SilverLink Phone Teller PIN or the password that you selected when you signed up for online banking.
- Use the Logout icon to end a online banking session. This will expire all the cookies that were set in your session.
- The amount of time you can remain inactive before being automatically logged out of online banking can be set under Online Services. For your own security, keep this time setting as short as possible.
- It is recommended that you balance your account at least once a month so that any discrepancies can be reported to us in a timely manner.
Please ensure your browser:
- is cookie-enabled,
- supports secured sites,
- has its Privacy settings at Medium or less,
- has at least a 128-bit encryption.
To disable the Accept Cookies warning in Firefox:
From the Tools menu, select Options.
Click on the Content tab.
Click on the Privacy tab.
Verify that Accept cookies from sites is selected.
To disable the Accept Cookies warning in Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.0:
From the Tools menu, click on Internet Options.
Click on the Advanced tab.
Click on the tab marked Security
Click on the button marked Custom Level.
Under Java make sure the radio button is set to Medium Safety.
Under Scripting of Java applets make sure the radio button is set to Enable.
Under Cookies: Allow per-session cookies (not stored), make sure the radio button is set to Enable.
Under Cookies: Allow cookies that are stored on your computer, make sure the radio button is set to Enable.
Click on OK until completely exited from options.